I finished watching a fantastic Korean Drama this past week, and normally I include links to my mini reviews of media consumed, but I don’t really have a Korean drama site I use to leave reviews. So below you will find a very quick review of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, and this will be a format I do for Korean Dramas and other media that I can’t easily link to a review I’ve down elsewhere. I won’t tell anyone they can’t just enjoy a game and sometimes I do just that, but I enjoy reading critical thinking pieces on gaming as well. I found a fantastic read this week that I definitely recommend checking out. Also I had another crazy week of finding absolutely fantastic beers to try, so I recommend checking out the best of the week and hunting them down yourself.
- Everyone has that video game collector friend that needs everything to be 100% (pristine, everything included, etc), and Patrick Scott Patterson says collecting is to the point where you should be thankful for what you can get.
- I’m a huge fan of the hoppier end of beers, so I had to compare what I’ve tried to Paste’s rankings of 176 of the best Double and Imperial IPAs. Like your beers darker? Check out 67 of the Best Stouts!
- I think gamers would do well to sometimes look past the products they enjoy and expand their mind on the histories of inspirations surrounding them. I found a very good read in an article by Yussef Cole that takes a look at Cuphead and the Racist Spectre of Fleischer Animation. Yussef has stated it is a continuation of the path established by Samantha Blackmon in her article Pickaninnies and Pixels: On Race, Racism, and Cuphead at E3 from 2015.
- Black Friday beer releases are increasingly becoming more common. Beer site Brew Studs brings us a Guide to Guilt Free Black Friday Beer Lines.
- Brewability Lab out of Denver, Colorado helps out employing the disabled by serving up careers with beers.
Best Beers of the Week:
- Buxton Brewery – Lemon Meringue Pie
- Burley Oaks – 100 (Triple Dry Hopped with Vic Secret)
- Brouwerij Alvinne , Hanssens Artisanaal & OEC Brewing – Stramboozled
- Hysteria Brewing – Red Rye of Ra
- [K-Drama] Strong Woman Bong Soon – The best Korean Drama I watched all year. It was a downright hilarious drama with a dark story lurking in the background. The chemistry between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik was perfectly on point. Park Bo Young’s portrayal of Bong Soon has me squealing like a fan girl most episodes. I found myself laughing out loud, crying, and even yelling at the TV. It managed to secure a top 3 spot of my all time favorites next to Secret Garden and My Beautiful Gong Shim. It’s available to watch on Netflix, Dramafever, and Viki. Check out a trailer I included in the videos below.
- [Book] Heartless
- [Book] The Suffering (The Girl From The Well Series)
Bundle Bargains of the Week:
Videos of the Week:
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon trailer.