A slow week for me on the book front. I’ve been super busy work wise, and exhausted because of it. I end up just vegging out in front of the TV watching the Korean Drama, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (Which I will have a mini-review included in next week’s week in review!). I did get to try some fantastic beers due to a beer festival in Virginia, and a bottle share with friends at a local brewery. I’m really happy to share the links I found this week, as I found them all very interesting reading.
- Billboard explores how K-Pop is helping to fuel a boy band renaissance. And over at Forbes, they do a By The Numbers spotlight on TWICE.
- Book Riot explores and provides tips on how to Read Difficult Books.
- The Week has a really good write-up using the beer industry to reveal monoploy power.
- Everyone who loves beer and wine has gone on vacation and found stuff they would love to bring home with them, so Lifehacker gives tips to Successfully Pack beer and Win In Your Suitcase.
- Its November, and that means it is National Novel Writing Month and over at Bookish, Seven Authors Offer Advice to NaNoWriMo Writers.
Best Beers of the Week:
- Brouwerij De Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren – Trappist Westvleteren 12 (2017)
- Adroit Theory – EBK-Down To Die (Ghost 615)
- The Veil – Never Dead
- Aslin – Sorbet
- [Book] Stalking Jack The Ripper
Bundle Bargains of the Week:
- Humble Comics Bundle: Sex & Science
- StoryBundle Aurora Award Bundle 3
- IndieGala Virtual Reality XV Bundle
Videos of the Week:
Poppy has released her Music Video for “Moshi Moshi”, and you can rotate around the video.
Jim Sterling tackling Single Player gaming and how it still matters, regardless of what certain publishers claim.