My weeks are becoming a little more boring lately as I relax a bit and save money for PAX East coming up, but I can still find plenty to do. I was able to get in 5 books over the past week, try a good amount of new beers, with the best below of course, and I played a lot of Smite. I’m really happy to say Smite is finally fun again this season, and I feel re-energized . I hope everyone had a good week, and now get to enjoy a wonderful weekend.
- BrewDog announces Pink IPA as a sarcastic marketing tool to showcase disparity in the gender pay gap, and sells it for 20% less. Sadly the marketing campaign is kind of rocky, with many unhappy with how it was presented.
- K-Pop may be banned in North Korea, but its presence is still felt on the northern side of the border.
- If anyone has been following children’s and YA literature news lately, the #MeToo movement has been at the forefront with many authors facing accusations of sexual assault. Bustle talks about how we can all do something about it.
- BTS member J-Hope made K-Pop History last week on Billboard 200 chart with the release of his mixtape.
Best Beers of the Week:
- Hysteria Brewing – Mistakes Were Made
- Offshoot Beer Co. – Hold My Beer
- Monument City Brewing – NOBO
- Barley and Hops Brewpub – Mark It Zero, Fanboy
- Tricia Levenseller – Daughter of the Siren Queen
- Ashley Poston – Heart of Iron
- Gloria Chao – American Panda
- Adrienne Young – Sky In The Deep
- Malinda Lo – Ash
Bundles of the Week:
Videos of the Week:
In a WTF Japan moment, they have done another amazing, yet worthless, VR attachment that will let your VR girlfriend feed you candy.
Japanese Rock Group BAND-MAID is back with yet another song. The title of this one is “DICE”