So I kicked off my week with a huge Sour Wilde Ale Festival out in Baltimore, so no surprise that all 5 of my beers this week are from there. I also read one of the coolest books ever called Illuminae. It was absolutely amazing in how it presented its story and I can’t wait to jump in to the sequel next week. I also joined the stream team of Scholarly Gamers and will be contributing to their website as well. So a great week has ended, and hopefully next week is just as awesome!
- I love studies that help support my
drinking habit, love of craft beer. So thank you for letting me know that drinking alcohol could lead to a longer life!
- I found the really good read discussing why LGBTQ+ and disabled characters deserve to be single in literature. Reading it made me think back on all the books I read and realize how much this piece needed to be written.
- The awesome folks over at Brew Studs have a list of Craft Breweries that give back to good causes.
- I think we’re all tired of Steam’s current UI and how badly it does to help us find good games. One Steam user went and created his own way to find new games.
- I read this piece about someone’s experience on a jury and helping to sentence an innocent man to prison, and I got choked up.
Best Beers of the Week:
- Burley Oak Brewing Company – Blueberry Cobbler J.R.E.A.M
- Burley Oak Brewing Company – Double Berry Cherry J.R.E.A.M
- Council Brewing Company – Broken Wand
- Grimm Artisanal Ales – Galaxy Pop!
- Jester King Brewery – Nocturn Chrysalis (Blend 5)
- [Book] Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – Illuminae
- [Book] Cat Winters – Odd & True
- [Book] Miriam McNamara – The Unbinding Of Mary Reade
Bundles of the Week:
- Humble Comics Bundle: Image Expo 2018
- Fanatical Tiny Build Party Bundle
- StoryBundle Young Adult Variety
Videos of the Week:
Higher Brothers newest video is here. Damn I love this Chinese rap group’s style so much.
Koreans Eat Vegan Food. Their reactions might surprise you.