This was a week of like 99% awesome. Outside of ongoing trouble with lawmakers in MD trying to hinder our rising craft beer industry, I experienced some amazing books, beer, and some great bundles came out this week. Also if you love gaming, Steam, GOG, and Fanatical have sales going on right now! Deals everywhere!
- This hits close to home, but some corrupt Maryland lawmakers who tend to side with big alcohol distributors, are trying to introduce a bill that limits craft brewery sales at their tap rooms. Paste says it best in this article about how Maryland Is Doing its Best to Destroy its Craft Beer Industry For Good This Month. Thankfully the MD Comptroller is introducing a bill to remove limits all around to help boost business.
- While we had a small taste of a couple popular singers at the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony, the Closing Ceremony will Feature Plenty of K-Pop Acts. So it is time for the hype train to leave the station!
- Anyone who is a hop head, knows that San Diego is one of the key cities of a craft beer lover, but could the city be home to a craft spirits boom?
- Hawaii is looking to introduce some bills to help prohibit loot boxes. I mean this problem is only going to get worse until someone steps in.
- TIME brings us their
- Insel Games CEO decided employees should buy their game and give positive reviews, even passive aggressively threatening to fire those that didn’t. Valve caught wind and now Insel Games are banned from steam.
Best Beers of the Week:
- Hysteria Brewing – Secret Valentine Beer 1: Blood Orange Sour
- Hysteria Brewing – Life
- Hysteria Brewing – Monasterium
- Black Flag Brewing – Friends With Benefits
- Cushwa Brewing – Peace Among Worlds
- [Book] Kerri Manisculo – Hunting Prince Dracula
- [Book] Christopher Pike – Alosha
- [Book] Nnedi Okorafor – The Night Masquerade
- [Book] Rin Chupeco – The Bone Witch
- [Book] Holly Black – The Cruel Prince
Bundles of the Week:
- Humble Hunie Sekai Bundle
- Humble SF & Fantasy Bundle by Angry Robot Books
- IndieGala Saphire Lovers Bundle
Videos of the Week:
One of my favorite Korean artists, leeSA, did a cover of “Everglow” by Coldplay. It’s beautiful.
Also Hong Jin Young gets the “luxury” of performing her latest song around ostriches. LOL