So this is going to be a rather light week as I spent most of it recovering from being sick.
- The 13th Annual Soompi Awards have kicked off, so get your vote in for your favorites in Korean music and television! Vote now by visiting this link!
- Loot Boxes are a huge scar on the gaming industry right now. While many are just cosmetic, some have started infringing on game play and progression, and Hawaii was the first to look at loot boxes as gambling, but now Washington State is introducing its on bill on the loot box debate.
- Craft beer is sure spurring a lot of interesting reads in the news lately. The Atlantic talks about Craft Beer being the Strangest, Happiest Economic Story in America. Meanwhile Marketplace talks about how The Craft Beer Industry May Be A Model For Us All.
- We’ve been hearing it generation after generation, that game consoles are dying. Ars Technica talks about how Consoles Are Doing Better Than Ever, with the Switch leading the way.
- This was one of my favorite stories this past week. Guy busts out of prison to get home cooked food, snacks and tobacco, THEN tries to bust back in. Maybe I’m a sucker, but the fact he wasn’t trying to escape for goods and tried to come back instead of remaining free, I would just let him keep and enjoy everything. For some reason in my mind, he deserves it.
Best Beers of the Week:
- [Anime] Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Valentines and Hot Springs! (Please Don’t Get Your Hopes Up)
- [Book] Beijing Doll
- [Book] The Immortals
- [Book] Casino Royale
- [Book] The Glass Spare
Bundles of the Week:
- Humble Book Bundle: Sous Geek Cookbooks
- Groupees Vocallective Bundle 6
- StoryBundle Webcomic Community Bundle
Videos of the Week:
I came across this group St. Beauty last week while looking at New Releases on Spotify. I just have to share them. They are so good!
One of my favorite shows is Running Man, a Korean variety show. I don’t know if this short clip will say why, but I laughed a lot during it anyway.